Classic Almond Flour Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Splenda
- 5 eggs - at room temperature
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter and Splenda well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well
- Mix almond flour with baking powder and add egg to
mixture a little at a time while beating. Add lemon and vanilla
- Pour into greased 9"-10" Spring form pan (or 9" round
cake pan) and bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes.
for a creamier cake, use 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) and 1/2 cup softened
full-fat cream cheese.
- Also change flavors for this cake by
using different extract flavors and even food color if you like.
Makes 12 servings. 5.5 grams of carbohydrate per serving when using
With cream cheese, allow 6.1 grams of carbohydrate
Atkins Diet Recipes