- 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut in thin strips
- 2 Tablespoons
finely diced or grated white onion
- 4 Tablespoons butter
Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups beef bouillon (beef broth)
cup sour cream
- 8 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
- 4-6 oz can of sliced
mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 package low carb
pasta (Keto or Proslim) or Egg "noodles"
For the Egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Sauté beef and onion in butter and oil (mixture of both) in a heavy
skillet (about 5 minutes).
- Slowly add broth to beef, stirring
well. Bring to a boil. Combine sour cream, cream, paprika, pepper and
salt. Slowly stir sour cream mixture into beef mixture.
heat to low and bring to a bare simmer. Cook 15-20 minutes, stirring
frequently and never allowing mixture to boil.
- Beat one egg
yolk, then add a bit of the hot mixture to the yolks. Beat again, add a
bit more, then when yolk mixture is heated, add to balance of sauce to
- In last 2-3 minutes add mushrooms if you are using
them. Serve over cooked low-carb pasta (Keto Pasta or Proslim Pasta) or
make egg "noodles" with the recipe below:
- Beat 3 egg whites with cream of tartar until very stiff. Fold in the egg
yolks and salt.
- Place this mixture on a greased baking sheet
with sides (like a jelly roll pan) in case some runs off the sides.
Spread evenly into a thin coat.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12
minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool slightly, remove with by
running a knife under the baked mixture to loosen, and slice into
Serves 6. 4.5 grams per serving for stroganoff; add
pasta carbs according to package. "Egg" noodles add only a "trace" of
carbs per serving.
Atkins Diet Recipes