Beef Lettuce Cups
- 12 oz. rump steak
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 pc fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 pinches of five-spice powder (or Mrs. Dash)
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 small red pepper, seeded & diced
- 8 crisp lettuce cups, to serve
- Sprigs of parsley, to garnish
- Cut steak into thin slivers and put in a bowl. Add soy sauce, sherry,
ginger, garlic, five-spice powder and chili sauce. Mix well, then cover
and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add onion and red pepper and
stir-fry for 1 minute. Add beef mixture to pan and stir-fry for 2-3
minutes, stirring all the time. Turn mixture into a warm serving dish.
- Serve at once with chilled lettuce cups, garnished with sprig of
parsley. To serve, simply spoon beef mixture into lettuce cups and eat
with the fingers. Serve with plenty of napkins or finger bowls - it can
be a little messy.
- Note: If your stage of diet can handle an
extra 2-3 carbs per serving, take the following extra step to make
mixture richer and thicker:
- Blend 1 tsp. corn or potato starch
smoothly with 1 teaspoon water and add to pan. Cook an extra minute
stirring constantly to thicken.
Serves 8. 4 grams per serving
(without additional starch.)
Atkins Diet Recipes