Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche
- 1 lb. very lean hamburger
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, chopped in bits
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- garlic powder to taste (optional)
- white pepper
- Brown hamburger in skillet with onion. Remove and mix in bowl with bacon
pieces, breaking up any larger clumps with a fork or pastry mixer until
you have a fine mix.
- Drain well of any excess grease and press
into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven
to 350°F. Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well.
Pour mixture over beef "crust" and bake 40-45 minutes until top is
browned and "set". Cool 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- This can
be packaged in Ziplocs or plastic containers for meals quickly
microwaved over the next 3-5 days. (Does not freeze well)
6. (2 grams per serving.)
Atkins Diet Recipes