For this Basic Salsa recipe you need basic ingredients such as plum
tomatoes, red onion, lime juice, salt and more. Use as a dip for chips,
veggies and more.
- 1 Whole clove garlic
- 1 lb Ripe plum tomatoes, cored-and finely
diced but not-peeled
- 1/2 sm Red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c Minced
fresh coriander OR
- 1/4 c Minced flat leaf parsley, plus 1/2 tsp
- 1 tb Lime juice1/4 ts Salt
- Drop the garlic into a small saucepan of boiling water. Let boil,
uncovered, over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain well, then mince.
- Place the minced garlic in a medium sized bowl and mix in the
tomatoes, onion, coriander, lime juice, and salt.
- Cover with
plastic food wrap and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
the mixture to a 1 quart preserving jar.
Makes 2-1/3 cups.
Keeps in the refrigerator for 10 days.
Keep this savory
sauce on hand as a dip for taco chips, a topping for scrambled eggs, or
an accompaniment for Tex Mex dishes.