This recipe for Barbecued Garlic, uses garlic, butter, and more, then
placed over hot coals on the barbecue pit. Served as an appetizer
- 8 Heads Garlic
- 4 tb Butter
- Springs Of Fresh Rosemary or Oregano
- Remove the papery outer covering from whole garlic head, but do not
separate the cloves or peel them.
- Place as many whole heads of
garlic on a large square of aluminum foil as there are people to be
served. Top with butter (4 T per 8 Heads) and a few sprigs of fresh
rosemary or oregano.
- If fresh herbs are unavailable, substitute
dried (2 t of dried herbs for 8 heads of garlic). Fold the foil over the
garlic and seal the package well.
- Cook over hot coals on the
barbecue pit for 45 minutes, turning the package occasionally with