Almond Puffs Recipe using almonds, butter, flour, etc. then made into
puffs and served as an appetizer.
- 1 ts Almond extract
- 1/2 c Butter (or margarine),softened
- 1 c
Gold Medal flour
- 2 tb Water
- 1/2 c Butter (or margarine)
- 1 c
- 1 c Gold Medal flour
- 3 Eggs
- Chopped nuts
Confectioners' Sugar Glaze
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, (softened)
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract OR 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 to 2 tbsp. warm water
- Heat oven to 350. Cut 1/2 cup butter into 1 cup flour. Sprinkle
2 tbsp. water over mixture; mix with fork. Round into ball; divide in
- On a greased baking sheet, pat each half into a strip, 12 by 3
inches. Strips should be about 3 inches apart.
- In medium
saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter & 1 cup water to rolling boil. Remove from
heat & quickly stir in almond extract & 1 cup flour. Stir vigorously
over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute. Remove from
- Beat in eggs, all at one time, until smooth. Divide in
half; spread each half evenly over strips, covering completely.
about 60 minutes or until topping is crisp & brown. Cool. Frost with
Confectioners' Sugar Glaze & sprinkle generously with nuts.
CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR GLAZE
- Mix 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 2
tbsp. butter, (softened), 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract or 1 1/2 tsp.
Vanilla & 1 to 2 tbsp. warm water until smooth.
This recipe for Almond Puff is from our appetizer recipes collection and
makes 10 to 12 servings.