This appetizer recipe for Artichoke Squares using artichokes, eggs,
cheese, and more made into squares, served as an appetizer.
- 12 oz Canned Artichokes
- 1 Small Onion, Minced
- 4 Large Eggs
oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 c Dried Bread Crumbs
- 2 tb Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- Non-Toxic Flowers To Garnish
- Grease 12 inch by 8 inch baking dish.
- Drain liquid from 1 jar of
artichokes into 1-puart saucepan. Drain liquid from second jar of
artichokes and discard. Finely chop all artichokes; set aside.
- In liquid in saucepan, over medium heat, cook minced onion until tender.
In medium bowl, with fork, beat eggs until blended. Stir in cooked onion
and chopped artichokes, mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt
- Spread mixture evenly in baking dish. If not baking
right away, cover and refrigerate.
- About 1 hour before serving;
Preheat oven to 325 F. Bake artichoke mixture 30 to 35 minutes until set
and lightly browned.
- Cool 15 minutes in dish on wire rack. With
knife, cut lengthwise into 4 strips then cut each strip crosswise into 6
pieces. Arrange appetizer on platter; garnish and serve.
24 Hors D'oeuvres.