- 1 pound Louisiana alligator meat (tenderloin or sirloin cuts of
tailmeat), cut into chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 bottle
store bought ranch dressing, for dipping
- Lightly season gator meat with salt and pepper prior to dredging them
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce into 1 mixture.
- Dip the gator meat into the buttermilk and hot sauce mixture and
dip, once again, in flour.
- Then place in deep fryer until golden
brown, just a couple minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve
with ranch dressing.
Recipe and photo courtesy of
LouisianaSeafood.com and Food Network.
Chef: Paula Deen. Used with