Grilled Cajun Style Gator Tail
- 4-6 lbs alligator tail meat
For the Cajun Seasoning Mix:
- 12 T Paprika
- 6 T Garlic powder
- 3 T Salt
- 3 T White pepper
- 3 T Oregano, crushed
- 3 T Black pepper
- 2 1/2 T Thyme
- 1 T Cayenne
- To make seasoning mix, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, white
pepper, oregano, black pepper, thyme and cayenne pepper in jar with
tight fitting lid.
- Shake well to combine. Mixture may be stored for up
to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, cut gator tail meat into 1/2"
cubes. Roll each cube in 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
- Cook over high
heat on an outdoor barbecue grill or under the oven broiler for 4 to 6
minutes, or until gator tail meat is white and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.
- The seasoning mixture will coat up to
24 (4 oz.) servings of gator tail.
Photo credit: Ryan.