Grilled "Sweet Fire" Porterhouse Pork Chops
- 4 Porterhouse (Bone-In Loin) Pork Chops, About 3/4-Inch Thick
Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Chipotle Chile, *
1/2 Teaspoons Coarse Salt
- Grated Zest Of 1 Large Orange
Teaspoons Garlic, Minced
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- In a small bowl, stir oil, ground chipotle, salt, orange zest and garlic
together into a paste.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread chipotle mixture
over both sides of pork. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
a medium-hot fire in grill. Place chops on grill and close lid. Grill
over direct heat, turning once, about 4-5 minutes per side, until the
internal temperature of the pork on a meat thermometer measures between
145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium).
- During the
last 2 minutes, brush chops on both sides with honey.
- Remove from grill
and let rest for 3 minutes.
* You can
substitute another smoked chile powder per heat preference.
Serving suggestions: These grilled pork chops are great with mashed
sweet potatoes and sautéed green beans as side dishes.
380 calories, Protein: 39 grams, Fat: 14 grams, Sodium: 830 milligrams,
Cholesterol: 125 milligrams, Saturated Fat: 3 grams, Carbohydrates: 24
grams, Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Inspired . Used with permission.